We present to you the most unusual shops you can visit during the winter holidays. Winter is knocking at our doors and most of us have already made their Christmas presents list. But if are looking for something original this year read below to find out what the most unusual shops throughout the world are.
1. The Evolution Store. Located in New York among the trendy buildings of the SoHo neighborhood, this shop is perfect for National History Museum fans. If you want to purchase fossils, skulls or framed creatures, this is the right place to come.
2. Duke of Uke is situated in the heart of London, UK and it is the main provider of ukulele and banjo instruments. The shop also offers a wide array of musical instruments from vintage ukuleles to guitars and harmonicas. Although its main activity is that of commercializing musical instruments, Duke of Uke is renowned in its neighborhood for the musical events and performances they host.
3. The Parisian shop, Colette, preserves the features of a lifestyle boutique. However, the shop hosts a unique “water bar” where customers can taste over 100 types of mineral water.
4. If you ever get to travel to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam don’t forget to visit L’Usine and La Cafeteria. This place combines a fashion boutique, a cafeteria and an art gallery, so you can find the most original gifts. You will also like the food and the décor of the store.
5. Jamonisimo, the occupant of the fifth place is a store in Barcelona that commercializes numerous ham products. Here you can find “recebo” and “chorizo”, two of the most sought-after Spanish food specialties.
6. The sixth shop is located once again in Paris, France. Deyrolle produces some of the finest models of stuffed animals from zebras to black crows and it is usually visited by customers who want to decorate their homes and offices with such “natural curiosities”.
7. We know Chinese tea is good, but the best place to purchase it is Lock Cha Tea Shop, Hong Kong. Customers who visit this central store have the opportunity to learn how tea is traditionally served.
8. What better gift than a pair of Spanish espadrilles? You can find the best models in La Manual Alpargatera, a shop located in Barcelona which is often visited by celebrities like Michael Douglas and Jack Nicholson.
9. A+R is the best design shop in Venice, California. Among its products you can find bone china mugs, Cool Breather Carafes and Self-Watering Planters.
10. If you can’t get to Venice, California, you should pay a visit to Yastik, in Istanbul, Turkey. The store abounds in Ikat pattern products from sofas to china and women’s clothing.