The cause of the death of famous singer George Michael has been revealed. The star passed away due to natural causes. George Michael was found dead in his home in Oxfordshire on Christmas Day. The news was without a doubt a tragic announcement for George Michael fans from all over the world.
George Michael suffered from a heart condition known as dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis, but he was also diagnosed with fatty liver. The statement was made by Oxfordshire’s senior coroner Darren Salter. The confirmation was something expected, as after the tragic news was announced in December, it has been claimed that the artist suffered from heart failure.
“Inquiries into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post mortem report received,” the coroner said in an official statement. “As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further inquiries. No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy,” the same statement added.
George Michael was found dead in his home by his life partner, Fadi Fawaz. He was found in his bed. Immediately after, authorities started an investigation to determine exactly what happened. Fadi shared a message on social media after Michael’s cause of death was confirmed. “All the nasty comments, press and 999 were very cruel and unnecessary whatsoever, Now I hope to receive some real LOVE x,” Fadi Fawaz’s message said.
George Michael will surely remain a well-known name in the world of music. He became a star back in the 1980s when he was performing with Wham!. Of course, from that period some of the best known singles released by the star are Careless Whisper and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.
George Michael was 53 at the time of his death. The star is known to have dealt with drug abuse issues in the past. In the most recent years, he suffered many health issues and was in 2011 hospitalized for pneumonia.