If you want to have a healthy digestion you have to know which are 5 worst foods you should avoid. Officials statistics recently released by Center for Disease Control and Prevention shows that more than 42 million medical visits are made due to the digestive problems.
Another alarming statistic is that about 95 million Americans suffer from poor digestion, the American College of Gastroenterology says. If you want to avoid stomach problems like bowel syndrome, acid reflux, heartburn or ulcer, you should avoid the following foods and drinks:
1. Mint: Ironically, in some cases mint can have benefits in digestive issues, but sometimes can have exactly the reverse effect and increase chances for heartburn. This effect can be caused by anything that contains mint such as tea or even peppermint gum.
2. Sodas and fruit juices: Like lactose intolerance, there is also fructose intolerance and that is a main cause in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). There is a 30 percent of adults facing a fructose intolerance.
3. Beans: Contain a substance called oligosaccharide ( a type of complex sugar) which is very hard to be digested by your stomach, because the lack of enzyme necessary for doing that.
4. Coffee: Because of the acids it contains, drinking coffee can lead to indigestion and reflux, especially for those who already have ulcers or who are prone to heartburn.
5. Fatty foods: Well, this is not a surprise, we all know that foods high in fats are harmful for our stomachs. Because they stay in there for a longer period of time, your body has to work harder in order to digest the fats. Usually eating fatty foods causes delay in digestion and it stimulates extra acid secretion.
It’s not a solution to never eat these foods again, but it’s a wise thing to avoid them as much as possible. It is better to prevent that to treat.