HP Recalls 6 Million Laptop Power Cords

HP has announced the recall of no less than 6 million laptop power cords. The famous company revealed that this recall had to be made due to fire and burn hazard concerns. 

HP revealed that in some cases the power cords can overheat and this can lead to serious injuries, including burns and property damage. The recall was announced by the famous computer maker worldwide. 

“HP has received 29 reports of power cords overheating and melting or charring resulting in two claims of minor burns and 13 claims of minor property damage,” a statement from the popular company revealed. “Customers should immediately stop using and unplug the recalled power cords and contact Hewlett-Packard to order a free replacement,” the same statement added. 

However, this is not the first time when HP needs to issue a recall due to a problem with the power cords. The same thing happened for the popular computer maker back in 2013, when HP recalled the Chromebook 11 from sale. Back then, the company said that the charger was at risk of overheating and they needed to issue the recall to make sure that the device will be safe enough for users. Incidents of overheating have led to injury and property damage back then. 

Reports reveal that 5.6 million power cords are being recalled in the United States. More than 446,700 laptops are recalled in Canada. The affected cords are going to be replaced for free in all cases, HP announced. The famous company also went to apologize to clients who have been affected by this recall. Two claims of minor burns have been reported so far. 13 claims of minor property damage have also been announced, the statement from HP revealed. 

In the recall there are included a series of computers and accessories that were sold between September 2010 and June 2012. Most probably, HP will provide future details to computer owners who have devices that can be included in this recall. Apparently, the famous computer maker is interested in making sure that users will get functional and safe devices.

Previous ArticleNext Article
Eli Wads is one of our expert authors in technology and business fields.Currently living in San Marino, Eli has graduated at Southwestern Academy with a Bachelor Degree in business in 2008. Contact him by dropping him an e-mail at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/ena/ failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ena/ on line 58

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/ena/ failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ena/ on line 58