Us Weekly reports that Bryan Adams and his girlfriend, Alicia Grimaldi are expecting baby number two. The news was confirmed by the singer’s rep who also stated that the baby is due to arrive next spring.
Bryan Adams rarely catches the media’s attention these days, but luckily it is always for a good reason. The “Summer of ‘69” interpreter recently announced that he will become a father for the second time as his girlfriend, Alicia Grimaldi is pregnant again. Adams took to Twitter to share the good news with his fans. He said that Alicia has either eaten too much cake or she is expecting another baby. “I think it’s a baby,” the singer concluded.
The rep of the 53-year-old artist released an interview for Us Weekly confirming reporters that the pregnancy rumors are true. The couple has another daughter, Bunny Grimaldi-Adams, who was born on April 22, 2011. Bryan has always been discreet about his personal life, which is why very few people know when he and Alicia started dating.
Bryan told his fans that he will resume his U.S. tour on December 10 in Tulsa, Okla. Next year, he will travel to another continent hosting shows in Australia and New Zealand in April 2013. Music is not the artist’s only hobby; he recently revealed that he also likes photography. As a matter of fact, he released his first collection of photos on October 31. The book entitled “Exposed” contains all the photos that Adams has snapped in the past 10 or 12 years.
Bryan has no particular preference when it comes to immortalizing celebrities and important figures. He has taken pictures of everyone from Queen Elizabeth II to Lindsay Lohan. He joked by telling reporters that he usually makes his subjects feel more comfortable with the help of whiskey. Then he confessed that he prefers to be behind the camera because he does a better job as a photographer than as a model.
Photography is just one of the “many hats” that the interpreter likes to wear in addition to music. In his opinion, being versatile is the key to success in these modern times.
Lady Gaga posted a message on her website, on Wednesday letting people know that she will help the victims of hurricane Sandy by donating $1 million to the Red Cross. The singer made this decision because she feels there is a strong connection between her and the city of New York.
Lady Gaga could not remain insensitive to the problems that New Yorkers are facing in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy. As a consequence, she decided to donate $1 million to the American Red Cross to contribute to the relief efforts they are making.
Growing up in famous New York neighborhoods, such as, “the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn” has shaped Gaga into the woman and the artist she is today. The native New Yorker used some of the most beautiful words to describe the Big Apple, comparing it with “relentless ambition, a drive to succeed [and] a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion”.
The singer believes her personality was deeply influenced by the character of the city; therefore, she would like to give back to the city by donating a significant sum of money to the American Red Cross. Her family was just as eager to lend a helping hand to the victims of the super storm, which is why they agreed to contribute to the donation. The “Born This Way” interpreter told her fans that the gift was made with the help of her parents, Joe and Cynthia, as well as her sister, Natali.
The founder of a youth foundation has joined the long list of celebrities who have contributed to Sandy’s relief efforts. Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and Christina Aguilera were the first to announce their participation in the one-hour concert organized by NBC last week. They have managed to raise $23 million which were donated to the American Red Cross. ABC’s concert “Day of Giving” ended with a whopping $17 million donation after Barbara Walters donated $250,000 and George Stephanopoulos $50,000.
The Backstreet Boys announced on Tuesday that they will make a new comeback with their latest Christmas tune “It’s Christmas Time Again”. The band mates seem to be into winter holidays as they often release new singles during this time of the year, the Rolling Stone reports.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen the Backstreet Boys in their initial formula, but the band is ready to make another return in the music industry. This time, however, the “Quit Playin’ Games With My Heart” interpreters claim the comeback will be permanent.
We can’t really say how successful will the Backstreet Boys be this time, but we can make an impression based on the single they have recently released. The Christmas tune is called “It’s Christmas Time Again” and it is completely different from the ballads that the band produced on similar occasions.
Carter released an interview for AOL Music and told reporters that he is very proud of the new single, especially since it was created with Kevin Richardson’s participation. The latter refused to join the band the last time the boys announced their comeback, but he appears to have changed his mind. Carter takes great confidence that the new Christmas song will become a hit because there aren’t many original tracks during this time of the year. The band mates are even prouder knowing that their song will bring joy to all the people who will listen to it around Christmas.
The Backstreet Boys are experts when it comes to creating music for the winter holidays. The first time they released a Christmas tune was in 1996. Back then, the band was singing it’s “Christmas Time”, but very few people seemed to be impressed by the sound of their ballad. This is why they probably chose to add a little more rhythm to their new song.
What do you think? Will Backstreet Boys make a splash with their new Christmas tune?
The Material Girl isn’t at her first celebrity spat and while her beef with the Monster Queen isn’t as personal as that with Elton John, she likes to take pokes at her. At a recent concert, Madonna told her fans Lady Gaga refused to join her on stage for a performance.
It’s not exactly breaking news Madonna is poking fun at Lady Gaga for the “Born This Way” song. She has never exactly revealed how much that bothers her, but every now and then Madonna blasts Lady Gaga “discretely” for it. However, at a concert in St. Paul, Minn., the Material Girl revealed she tried to patch things with Lady Gaga, but she was turned down.
“I have the best fans in the whole world. So take that, Lady Gaga” Madonna told fans during the concert. “You know, I invited her onstage to sing with me. But she turned me down. It’s okay. I’ve been rejected before. It builds a little character” Madonna gushed.
During the MDMA tour, Madonna sparked a lot of controversy, whether it was her stripping or flashing her fans, or aggressively campaigning for Obama. Now that the elections are over and Obama was reelected, Madonna seems to have changed the topic of her announcements. And a potential live spat with Lady Gaga is a lot more interesting that urging legions of fans to vote for Obama.
The news that Lady Gaga turned down a performance with Madonna is a bit surprising, seeing as the Material Girl has been pretty clear she’s not that impressed with the Monster Queen. At one point the 53-year-old even called Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” reductive, which by the way means “crude” or “minimized”.
“When I heard it on the radio… I said that sounds very familiar. It feels reductive” she told 20/20 in an interview. Then she told Newsweek “Born This Way” was “a wonderful way to redo” her 1989 song “Express Yourself”. “I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was…interesting” said Madonna.
In advance of Elections Day various celebrities have shared their opinion about the two political candidates. Bob Dylan, for instance, predicted that Barack Obama will register a big victory at the end of Tuesday, the Associated Press reports.
Bob Dylan entertained the crowd in Wisconsin on Monday night with some of his best songs. Given that the state of Wisconsin is one of the biggest battlegrounds for Elections Day, the artist stated midway through his single “Blowing’ In The Wind” that he thinks Obama will win a landslide.
The singer was very communicative with the Madison audience. He told his listeners that he tried to make a good performance because the president visited the state earlier on the same day. A few hours before Dylan’s concert, President Barack Obama appeared at a morning rally in the same city, being accompanied by singer Bruce Springsteen.
The American songwriter could not refrain from sharing his opinion about the evolution of the much-awaited elections. He addressed the public telling them not to believe what the media says because Obama has many chances of winning the elections. As a matter of fact, the difference between the two candidates will be so big that Obama is going to make a “landslide”.
Whether there were Romney supporters in the crowd or not, they didn’t seem to be bothered by the artists declarations. They were more interesting in hearing Dylan’s song, so they all went ecstatic when Bob resumed his interpretation. The Minnesota-born musician completed his encore and received the public’s applauses upon his exit.
What do you think? Will Barack Obama prevail on Tuesday or not? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
NEW YORK (AP) – Pulitzer Prize winner, Elliott Carter, died at the age of 103 on Monday. The late classical composer left behind a comprehensive collection of rhythmically complex works and written essays about modern music.
Elliott Carter’s publishing house, Boosey & Hawkes, announced on Monday that the famous composer passed away of natural causes at 103. They described him as “an iconic American composer” due to the numerous works he created during his life.
The winner of two Pulitzer Prizes was very dedicated to his work. He declared in a past interview that he wants to create complex music which stimulates listeners’ attention. People need to concentrate all their attention when listening to his music; otherwise, they will not be able to grasp its full meaning. According to Carter, the theatrical effect is not intrinsic; it is the listener who interprets the sounds and gives meaning to them.
Elliott’s declaration explains why he chose to use various instruments in his compositions and create chaotic interactions between them. Their complex sounds give birth to powerful dramas that listeners have to decipher, but the music sheets are most of the times very difficult to learn. He later on, stated that the difficulty arises from the fact that he wanted to give each musician his own individuality in the context of a harmonized orchestra. “This seems to me a very dramatic thing in a democratic society,” he said.
Similar to other modern classical composers, Elliott Carter was little known to the general public. His works were usually played among small circles of critics and musicians in New York City. He often felt he was more appreciated in Europe where music “is not purely entertainment, but part of the culture”. Even so, the late composer didn’t feel the need to be popular because he understood that the popular opinion is usually manipulated by various factors and, thus, “popularity is a meaningless matter”.
Carter won his first Pulitzer Prize in 1960 due to his Second String Quartet. More than 10 years later, in 1973, he received another Pulitzer award for his Third String Quartet. He is survived by his son and grandson.
No Doubt was forced to withdraw its latest music video “Looking Hot” due to the harsh criticism it received on their website. The video was described as offensive towards the community of Native Americans and was immediately removed from video sharing websites, Us Weekly informs.
“Looking Hot” is the latest video released by the recently reunited band, No Doubt. As much as we would have loved to see it, the clip was removed a few hours after its debut due to the viewers’ criticism. Those who have had the chance of getting a glimpse of the music clip claim it contained offensive images in relation to the Native American culture.
In response, No Doubt published an open letter on their website apologizing for the mistake they have made. The letter, signed by Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal, Tom Dumont and Adrian Young, read that the artists have always been preoccupied about multiculturalism and diversity. The fact that the members of the band come from different cultures is, in their opinion, proof enough that they support multi-racial relationships.
The band reassured fans that they never intended “to offend, hurt or trivialize Native American people, their culture or their history”. They acknowledged their mistake after discussing the video with their Native American friends, as well as several Native American experts at the University of California.
Since multiculturalism is an important aspect for No Doubt, the artists decided to remove the video as quickly as possible. They further added that their community is based on friendship, love and respect; therefore, they never wanted to offend Native Americans or any other communities.
According to the declarations of those who have seen the video, the singers are dressed as cowboys and Native Americans. The images illustrate the band mates fighting against each other, which is why the video was labeled as offensive.
The highly anticipated new music video for Miley Cyrus’ and Borgore’s “Decisions” is in. But people are having mixed feelings about the Miley Cyrus unicorn music video about girls who love cake. So, what do you think about Miley Cyrus going dubstep?
Electronic Dance Music (EDM) is a genre that has been working just fine for many other musicians. At 19 years old, Miley Cyrus is trying hard to separate the new her from the Hannah Montana cute-pie image Disney worked so hard to promote. Miley Cyrus’s new album is likely going to be a huge surprise for her fans and with collaborations such as Borgore she’s entering the world of those who don’t even know who Hannah Montana is.
The music video for “Decisions”, the dubstep collaboration of Miley Cyrus and Borgore has been highly anticipated. From what Miley Cyrus told the media it was going to be about unicorns and cake and so much partying. Then the news that Miley Cyrus hired a porn star to cast in her new music video only added to the video’s controversy.
Jessie Andrews was Borgore’s girlfriend some time back and “Decisions” is mostly about her. So Miley Cyrus and Borgore invited her to cast in their new music video. Some fans argued Miley and Jessie could become BFF, since the singer is showing so much skin lately.
“I was actually just coming to support” Jessie Andrews told MTV News. “I wasn’t supposed to be in the video. They needed more girls, and they were like, ‘Be in it!’ And I was like ‘No’ because the song is about me” the porn star explained about the “Decisions” video.
But now that the “Decisions” music video is finally in, fans are really not that impressed. Since “Decisions” is a dubstep song featuring Israeli DJ and producer Borgore and the rebellious Miley Cyrus, there are a lot of fans who simply don’t understand why Hannah Montana went dubstep. Her fans called it “the worst song” with an “awful” video, whereas Miley Cyrus is getting kudos just for her looks. In the meanwhile, Borgore and dubstep fans tend to agree the song and video is great except for the parts when Miley Cyrus is singing.
Jessie Andrews says she gets why Miley Cyrus is struggling so hard to dump the Hannah Montana image. “She doesn’t want to be Hannah Montana anymore; she wants to be her own person…The way she’s dressing, the hair, the music – everything is outside of the box” she told MTV News.
Green Day’s new song, “The Forgotten”, will be used as a soundtrack for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”. The track belongs to album “¡Uno!” and it is a slow-moving power ballad resembling the group’s previous singles, according to Los Angeles Times.
“¡Uno!” – the recent album that was released by Green Day – was said to be very different from the ones they have produced so far. Fans often stated that their sound suffered various changes, but the band proved the opposite with the launching of their latest ballad “The Forgotten”. The single will be used as a soundtrack for the latest “Twilight Saga” movie, “Breaking Dawn Part 2”.
After hearing the new ballad, analysts have all agreed that the song resembles some of the singles that the band produced in the past. According to them, “The Forgotten” is a slow ballad that reminds fans of “Wake Me Up When September Ends” and “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)”. Billy Joel Armstrong’s interpretation, as well as the powerful lyrics, are the key elements that will ensure the success of the song.
Green Day was supposed to host various live performances in 2012, but they cancelled them all before “The Forgotten” was released. Although they never disclosed the real reason behind their decision to cancel the show, Armstrong revealed in September that he was headed to rehab after he had an onstage meltdown during a concert at the Music Festival in Las Vegas.
The music video of “The Forgotten” was released on the same day, that is, October 30. Images from live concerts were intertwined with scenes taken from “The Twilight Saga” new movie. Producers think the new song could become just as successful as the previous singles that were used as a soundtrack, including Yiruma’s “River Flows In You”.
The new album “¡Uno!” is the first installment from the trilogy that Green Day plans to release in the following months. “¡Dos!” and “¡Tré!”, the following two albums are due to be released on November 9 and, respectively, December 11.
Chris Brown’s Halloween costume was described as highly offensive by most Twitter users who have had the opportunity of seeing his recent picture on the social network. The rapper posted a picture of him and his “clique” disguised as terrorists, Us Weekly informs.
It’s been a couple of weeks since Chris Brown last stole the spotlight, so the artist decided to do something memorable for this year’s Halloween party. He and his friends dressed up as terrorists wearing robes, turbans and fake beards. Their looks were completed by bullet casings wrapped around their robes and several assault rifles.
The rapper posted the pic on his Twitter account telling followers “Ain’t nobody Fucking wit my clique!!!!#ohb”, which is a reference to the song “Clique”. As soon as they saw the picture, several Twitter users scolded the rapper for the message he tried to convey through his photo. One user wrote: “Running out of reasons to hate Chris Brown? This will help”, whereas another one was disappointed to see that the rapper has made another mistake.
Even though most Twitter followers realized that Chris Brown’s costume was meant to be interpreted as a joke, some of them wondered what would have happened if he dressed up as a Jewish person. One fan wrote: “Just imagine if domestic abuser @chrisbrown dressed as a Jewish stereotype for Halloween. But this is OK”.
Chris Brown was not very impressed by the avalanche of negative messages he got from his fans. He wrote in response that Halloween is supposed to be a fun holiday, so people should be more relaxed about it. He also advised people to imagine Halloween pranks as “farts” so they could easily accept them.
The singer was not the only one who liked the terrorist costume. His mother, Joyce Hawkins, was very proud of the choice that Brown made and even took to the Twitterverse to tell people that “HALLOWEEN IS FOR FUN NOTHING MORE THAN JUST FUN”. Those who don’t feel the same should get a life, Hawkins concluded.