Popular director Bryan Singer has asked the court to dismiss the sexual abuse lawsuit that was filled against him. The movie director asked for a dismissal on Thursday.
Bryan Singer was accused by another man of sexual abuse. The unnamed British actor claimed that he was abused by Singer at the age of only 17. Naturally, the popular director says that the claims are not true and this actually is the reason why the lawsuit should be dropped.
Reports reveal that the man who accused Singer actually is named John Doe, who said that he was only a teenager when he was abused by the famous director. Naturally, Singer and his lawyers rejected the claims, saying that they were improperly filled. The lawyer of the star says that there actually is no legal basis to file this lawsuit.
Bryan Singer is currently seeking the sum of $300,000 from the plaintiff, the purpose being to cover the legal fees that were associated to the court filing. The lawsuit was first filed in May. Bryan Singer was not the only one mentioned in the legal papers. The lawsuit was also filed against executive director Gary Goddard, who filed the same motion to dismissal, back in June.
So, the man accused both producers of abusing him. He claimed that everything happened in a London hotel. Bryan Singer became well-known as the director of the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past. This is not the first time when the star is linked to such a case. Actor Michael F. Egan also filled a similar lawsuit against the popular director. The legal papers were filed earlier this year.
Egan said that he was abused by the star at a Californian house party. The man is now 31 years old. He said that it all happened in the late 1990s, after being drugged. Naturally, Singer denied these allegations, as well. He claimed that they are completely false and actually “outrageous.”
Currently, the popular movie director is promoting his latest X-Men movie. Bryan Singer is also known for House MD, The Usual Suspects and The Taking.