Fans of Bad Boys should be happy to find out that a third movie will be released. The sequel to Bad Boys was announced by Martin Lawrence, who claimed that the new movie is in development.
The revelations were made by Martin Lawrence during his appearance on Conan, on Wednesday night. So, the famous actor was actually asked by the show host if a Bad Boy 3 movie might be released and the actor claimed that this will actually happen soon. “I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it’s real; they’re working on the script, they’re getting close, and it all looks good.”
This is not the first time when such a news surfaced. In fact, last year in September it has been revealed that Jerry Bruckheimer is working at such a project. Back then it has been claimed that the star was working to develop a script for Bad Boys 3.
Well, Martin Lawrence claimed that the project is in the works, but revealed nothing about his co-star. So, the actor did not reveal if Will Smith will star in the movie, as well, although this is definitely expected to happen.
The first Bad Boys 3 movie was released back in 1995. The movie was a great success, so in 2003 a second Bad Boys film was out. Now, probably the two actors will team up for the third time to play the roles of detectives Marcus Burnett and Mike Lowrey.
Besides the new movie, Martin Lawrence also talked about his fitness regimen. When being asked about how he looks so good, the comedic actor joked with a simple answer. “Crack,” he said. The actor said that he is just eating right and exercising properly.
Now, Martin seems to be happy and focused on acting. However, the actor is known for dealing with some issues in the past. He was arrested for waving a gun on the street and also for punching a man in a club in Hollywood, on two separate incidents.