Hollywood sex symbol Angelina Jolie reveals to People.com that the latest tattoo, a new set of coordinates on her upper left arm is the birth place of husband Brad Pitt.
This last month Angelina Jolie appeared in public with her new tattoo, which was a set of geographical coordinates placed right under those of her children. Jolie has made a habit of tattooing the coordinates of each of her children’s birth place. So showing up with a brand new one had press speculating that she might have adopted a new baby. But Angie clear everything out: “Well if they know that it’s latitude and longitude they would have figured out quickly that it was Brad’s birthplace. It’s Shawnee, Oklahoma”.
Angelina Jolie is known for her appetite for tattoos. She is one of the most tattooed female actresses in Hollywood. Here is a brief list of her inked body art:
• The first tattoo she ever had ( and that now is replaced) was the Japanese symbol for “death” placed on her left shoulder blade. For her it was a reminder of living life to the fullest. Now, it is covered by the the tattoo made in honor of her son, Maddox.
• Another tattoo that she doesn’t have anymore is the symbol of courage, inked on her right arm. As her ex husband Johnny Lee Miller had a matching one, she had hers erased.
• The Bengal Tiger is probably the largest tattoo that she has. It covers other tattoos that she had done, like a dragon and a window. It is 12-inch long, 8-inch wide. She had it done in Bangkok in 2004 on July 8. the session lasted 2 hours. The tattoo artist, Sompong Kanhphai, blessed the tiger after finishing it with a chanting of an ancient hymn.
• A phrase written in gothic letter saying “know your rights” on her upper back
• A Buddhist incantation that is written in traditional Knmer script
• An Arabic tattoo that means “determination” and is placed on her right arm
• A Tennessee William quote saying “A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages” on her left arm
• A cross tattoo on her hip
• The letter “H” on her wrist
And, of course, the tattoo of the geographical coordinates that represent the place in which her children entered her life. Years ago, Angie stated that she will never be “be stupid enough to have a man’s name tattooed on me again”. Well, she only said “name” …